8 Ways to Deal with Chronic Stomach Pain
16 Jan 2019
Stomach ache is a common health issue which can happen due to any reason. Stomach pain can be in form of cramps or sharp stabbing pain which comes and goes every few minutes. If you are not able to deal with the pain, it is imperative to see the Emergency Medical Facilities to get rid of the pain.
Here’s a Look at the Tips for Dealing with Stomach Pain:
- TENS Though there is no evidence to back the claim, many people vouch for the benefits of TENS machine which sends small electrical currents to the body and eases the pain. Though used for muscle and joint pain, it can also ease stomach pain and period cramps.
- Gentle Yoga You may believe that when suffering from stomach pain, yoga will never come to your mind but it can help in managing the pain. It promotes deep and controlled breathing and moves your body without straining it.
- Alternative therapies You can also take resort to the alternative theories which can be helpful in managing the stomach pain. Many people swear by the benefits of Acupuncture.
- Mindfulness Meditation and mindfulness can help in relaxing when you suffer from stomach ache. It trains the mind and helps in controlling how to react to the pain.
- Hot Bath This is yet another tip for feeling better during stomach pain. You can also light some candles and play soothing music to relax your mind and the heat will relieve the pain.
- Food for pain relief Certain food items such as ginger, chocolate, and turmeric can help in managing stomach pain.
- Hot drinks The Houston Emergency Care suggests you to have some herbal teas such as fennel, peppermint, Chamomile, and ginger as they offer relief from chronic stomach pain.
- Heat Therapy You can use hot water bottle to get rid of the pain by placing the bottle on stomach as heat produced alleviates the pain.
If these remedies don’t help, it is time to see the Emergency Care in Houston for professional care.